Sunday, December 9, 2007

Do you remember...

Do you remember those early days of going to church or a Christian gathering, where the people were really feeling the moment. Their hands were raised. They were kneeling on the ground. They were dancing around like hippies at Woodstock.

I even remember the first time I heard someone speaking in tongues. There's a word that comes to mind to describe them. Its a word that speaks mountains of my ignorance on my walk.

This morning at nine am service at Carpenters, a young lady made me feel like one of those people I use to stare at. Tucker and the Worship Team were really rocking it. I was bouncing around, like I always am. That was when I must have caught her eye. She glanced once but that was not enough. Her head abruptly turned a second time and she was obviously caught off guard that someone could be enjoying Christian music, in church, at 9 am! I had to giggle. I didn't care, and it didn't slow down. I was loving the feeling of the Holy Spirit dancing in me. I wish I could get everyone to feel it. The energy is amazing!

So, there you have it. I have officially classified myself as one of them, a _____! And, you know what? I would not ever change it! So deal!

No comments: