Saturday, December 29, 2007

What a year...

2007 has been filled with so many ups and downs. It's been a year of lessons. Lessons that I know I will look back on and appreciate one day.

Some of the things I've learned are:
  • God puts you where He wants you for a bigger purpose, whether you want to be there or not.
  • Trusting God, trusting others, trusting myself, means defeating satin at his cruel games and I can't do it alone.
  • True friends are a gift from above. God has a funny way of leading us to amazing people.
  • Unfortunately, I've learned the true purpose of this quote "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." - Brendan Manning
  • A church is not the 4 walls but the people within them.
  • Prayer is awesome and powerful!
  • If your heart and mind are not with God, don't drag others down with you, but ask for help.
  • The world is full of loving Christians.
  • The world is full of hypocrites.
  • True love is the very bestest!
  • Telling your boss the your job is both challenging and entertaining will make him/her giggle.
  • My girls can be so loving and goofy at times; My girls can be beyond challenging at others.
  • Healing only happens when you stop hating.
  • When you lead your life with God's love, you find true happiness.

Wishing you a year of love. Happy 2008. May God's hand guide you.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Dawn, I know this past year has been a doozy (Both good and bad) for you as well.

Just be confident that you are loved, you are prayed for, and you are supported...in every area of your life!

Here's looking forward to a wonderfully calm (Hopefully!) and productive 2008!

(And coffee. I'm looking forward to a coffee date in 2008...)

Dawniev said...

Thanks Chicky... I will admit that when the clock struck midnight I was feeling relieved to close the door on 2007 and excited to welcome in all the new possibilities in 2008.

Here's to God's blessings, His challenges, Great friends, Beautiful children and Great Lovers!

Coffee... this Tuesday?