Monday, January 14, 2008

Late Nites...

Last week I blogged of our Youth Pastor, Tucker and his amazing ability to convey a message. Well, I believe that behind so many strong men, are inspiring women. Tucker has one of the best. Her name is Cherie. She's a beautiful wife and loving mother. She just has this all around beauty about her. It's really great!

Well, we finally, after many failed attempts, made it to Perkins after Ignite (Starbucks was the original plan, but it was already late). It was a great night! Huge thanks to Justin, a family friend, who brought my girls home and Tucker who took care of bedtime rituals in the Hibbs house. It allowed Cherie and I to just sit there and share, as God intended us to. We laughed and laughed. We also shared on so many levels. Our lives, passions, loves and dreams. One of the highlights was introducing Cherie to fries with brown gravy and mozzarella cheese. I thought it to be sad that she had never experienced them before. She's a fry lover and this just kicks it up a notch!! BAM!

I had to laugh to myself on my way home. Fries and late night gatherings have always been part of my life. Back in the day it was after a night of drinking and dancing and those fries just seemed to go well at the craziest of hours. Sharing the night with Cherie was one night that has left a true mark on my heart. It blows my mind how times have changed. A dozen years ago or so, I was drunk and giddy and searching for happiness. And now, all these years later. I shared a night with an awesome woman, who is a true inspiration of God's love and had a great night just being me.

Thanks Cherie for being you and allowing me to be me!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Well goodness. You've made me blush!

I had a wonderful time, and am very much so looking forward to our next coffee/fries meeting!