Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Morning Quaterbacks

Are you in the game? Part of the team? Studying the playbook? Sharing the load?

Or are you sitting back, judging others, or critizing the willing? Is it your mouth that screams the loudest when the results aren't what you hoped they would be? Is it your fingers typing the email of hate and destruction?

When faced with a challenge that you know is going to be rough, do you run? Or do you chose to stay in the game and stick it out? Are you on your team? Or God's team?

I remember mouthing the words to the songs in chorus because I didn't feel I could sing and didn't want to risk embarassing myself. I remember playing sick in gym class because I didn't want to put forth the effort and still look bad, only to be made fun of.

I remember never wanting to feel that way ever again. I remember choosing to be on God's team! I remember deciding I didn't want to be on my own or yours.

Is your playbook about you? Or Him? Is it filled with ways for you to win or for God to win through you?

Where are you on Monday mornings? Are you offering words of encouragement or tearing down your brothers and sisters?

Take the time out to give a high-five, send an email, congratulate on a job well done. Take the time to offer a hug, a pat on the shoulder, a hand to hold. Forigive and forget. Accept and move on.

The days or darkness and evil will come, our playbook states is clearly. Who's team are you going to be on? It could turn out to be one hell of a long dark Monday for you!

There's room on the team for you, no application needed!

No comments: