Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Loving Thyself...when it's a challenge.

What happens when you love the world and struggle with loving yourself?

Tonight a friend read me this:

"I pray for ________. I am not praying for the world, but for ________ you have given me, for _________ [is] yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through _______. I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that _________ may have the full measure of my joy within [him/her]. My prayer is not that you take _______ out of the world but that you protect [him/her] from the evil one. _______ [is] not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify _______ by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent ________ into the world. For _______, I sanctify myself, that ________ too may be truly sanctified. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and ______ know[s] that you have sent me. I have made you known to ________, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in ________ and that I myself may be in _______" (John 17:9-10, 13, 15-19, 25-26, NIV).

She took it from a Bible study she is doing... The Frazzled Female by Cindi Wood. Take a moment... read it. Read it and place your name in the blanks. If you listen hard enough, you can hear God reading it to you.

We may not always feel like His child but in our hearts we must never forget who we are. We are the children of God. Remember, the day before He died, He said, "You in Me, and I in you" (John 14:20)

Print this verse and when you doubt your own heart, take a deep breath and read it. KNOW HE is in YOU!!!

No comments: